Experimental Vegetable Base
Activity within the plant experimental base is focused on:
- Production of planting material of higher biological categories from different potato varieties; to achieve the quality parameters is used: tissue culture, mini and micro-tuber production, clonal selection in „insect proof” solariums and in the field;
- Seeds production of wheat, triticale, soybean, mustard from superior biological classes.
- Production of animal feed necessary to farm selection;
- Developing demo fields/lots for crops in the climate zone with different crop technologies and phyto-sanitary treatments.
Eng. Neacșa Emil
Baza experimentală de ameliorare și selecție animală
The turkey sector was established in 1972 as a research farm, the only research-selection-breeding unit for turkeys in the country.
- Creation, maintenance and refinement of highly productive poultry populations and lines with a view to producing hybrids of less laying and heavy type for broilers.
- Developing of framework technologies for various types and hybrids of turkeys to increase performance and profitability.
- Establishment of a gene pool at national level (genetic patrimony) that will enable to obtain a biologically efficient and resistant material according to the market requirements.
- Study of biology and physiology, establishment of technologies and techniques for breeding and artificial sowing of turkeys.
- Heavy lines: Large White, Diana, Bronze represent the paternal shape for production of the turkey broiler.
Eng. Niţu Virgil